SIP capable firewall and router for the advanced user and offices up to 50 persons.
- 4 Ethernet ports (1 WAN and 3 LAN)
- 2 telephony ports (FXO and FXS)
- Easy installation and maintenance
- Display and front panel keys
- Auto login and keep-alive
- Dynamic DNS client
- Email notification
- Quality of service
- Network monitoring
SPI Firewall - The stateful packet inspection (SPI) and packet filtering firewall assures that your LAN stays private, secured and protected from malicious attacks via the Internet.
Broadband router and NAT - The router in the IX67 connects your PC and other networked equipment to the Internet. Your computers and network units on the inside can be assigned public IP addresses or use NAT addresses.
Support for SIP - SIP is the Internet standard for live person-to-person communication, that will create the next significant expansion of Internet usage after email and web surfing. IP telephony or VoIP is one usage of SIP. SIP does not traverse conventional firewalls and NAT routers! The IX67 has a built-in SIP proxy and registrar that dynamically controls the firewall and NAT for full SIP support.
Adapter for IP Telephony (FXS) - Telephony is now offered over your broadband connection. The SurfinBird IX67 FW GW includes a port for connecting a conventional telephone for use with SIP based IP Telephony, without the use of extra adaptor box.
Gateway to the Telephone Network (FXO) -
The SurfinBird IX67 FW GW also includes a port to the telephone network, working as a gateway for SIP based IP telephony and the old telephone network. Use for emergency calls, IP telephony back-up and integration of your old telephony. Answer your old telephone and make local phone calls from your laptop when traveling.
Software upgrades can be bought at any time - at point of original purchase of hardware unit or later online from the unit's web interface (Buy Extras). These are the available software upgrades:
- The SIP Switch - With addition of the optional SIP Switch software, the IX67 becomes a complete telephony solution for the small office with unique functions and cost savings. The SIP Switch combines the best of traditional telephony, VoIP (Voice over IP) and live Internet communication and adds PBX like functionality. (See www.sipswitch.net).
- VPN Server - The VPN Server upgrade, enables your IX67 to initiate and terminate VPN tunnels. The IX67 supports IPSec, PPTP and L2TP with certificate handling.
- SIP User License - Increase the number of users that can register at the IX67 built-in SIP server. (Default is 5 users when purchasing the IX67)
- SIP Switch User License - Increase the number of users that can utilize the SIP Switch functionality. (Default is 5 user when purchasing the SIP Switch software upgrade)
See the IX67 feature table for detailed information.