Configure the ZyXEL 2000W to work with the Internet Gate
On your Internet Gate you need to:
- enable the wireless settings, enter SSID and WEP key (if desired).
On the ZyXEL handset you need to
- choose DHCP in the
Network Mode menu.
- enter the SSID and WEP key (if used) in the Wireless settings.
- enter Registrar and Proxy in the SIP settings menu.
- enter your phone number (contact name), username and password in the User Account menu.
Since the ZyXEL handset does not support the TCP protocol or IP fragmentation (i.e. divide up large IP packets into smaller ones) - it is possible that the ZyXEL 2000w might reject some incoming phone calls. In the Internet Gate it is possible to reduce the size of IP packet on incoming SIP messages. Enbaling this feature will minimize the chances of too large IP packets and rejection of incoming phone calls:
- in the SIP Advanced menu below the Advanced header, enter 1300 bytes in the text field "Try make UDP messages smaller when exceeding" (requires firmware 3.16 or higher).
For a more extensive setup guide, click here.